How do I setup a broadcast using Virtual DJ?
The Virtual DJ application works on both Windows and Mac machines and uses the Shoutcast plugin. To setup this program to broadcast to your Live365 station, you'll want to do the following:
- Launch Virtual DJ
- Towards the bottom of this program, locate the Record tab and click on it.
- Click on the "Config" button that appears. This will open up a new "Broadcast Config" window.
- On this window, you'll want to:
- Record from: Select the source you want to use. If you're planning on playing music and doing voiceover, you'll typically want to select the Master + MIC option.
- Format: Select the Shoutcast option and select the bitrate for your station.
- Format File Path: Ensure "LAME ENCODER" (lame_enc.dll) is selected.
- Server: Select the Broadcast to a radio server option and input the IP Address and Port Number for your Live365 account. You can get this information by going to http://www.live365.com/broadcast, clicking on the Controls tab and making sure your station is set for live mode broadcasting and that the broadcast server is turned on.
- Once you have configured the settings on the "Broadcast Config" window, click on the OK button.
- Click on the Start Recording button to initialize your Live365 stream.
More information on setting up your broadcast with Virtual DJ can be found at The Virtual DJ website (Scroll to page 61):
If you have any other questions, please contact support.