How do I setup a broadcast using Simian?
Simian is an automation tool that you can use to run your live broadcast. This tool allows you to setup your playlist that are governed by rules and clocks that you can set. A page with Simian screenshots can be found here.
You would need to use an encoding tool, such as Studio365-Live, to send the audio to your Live365 station. With Studio365-Live, in particular, you'll want to use choose the Stereo Mix, or a similar source, which is located on the Audio Source->External Sources menu.
One final step, you will need to setup Simian so you can stream the ID3 tags to your Live365 account. The feature listed below is only available for Simian v2.0 or above. To set this up, you'll want to:
- Launch Simian
- Go to the "Tools" menu and select "Program Options"
- Click on the "Streaming" tab
- You will want to use either the Live365 or Custom 1 field. Here, you'll want to enter in the following values into the blank sections located on this field:
- URL/Port: http://www.live365.com
- Username: Your Live365 username
- Password: Your Live365 password
- Once you've done this, you'll want to edit the EncoderData.ini file. This file is typically located in the BSI32 folder (usually located on the C:/BSI32 directory on your computer). Open up this file in Notepad.
- On Notepad, you'll see a list of code. Please find the line with the Live365 code. If you don't see a Live365 option, you can use one of the Custom options (such as Custom 1). Please make sure that you see the following line of code on the EncoderData.ini file:
The line of code should match up exactly with what is listed above. You DO NOT want to enter in your username or password in this field, as it will automatically pick up the information that you entered on Simian (see step #4 above).
Once you make the changes, go to the File menu on Notepad and choose "Save As". You'll want to then save the file, "EncoderData.ini", and overwrite the current data in the BSI32 folder.
Once you've saved these settings, you can start broadcasting to Live365. We should be able to receive the ID3 tags for the tracks that you play on your Simian program.
If you have any questions, please feel free to Contact Support.