What are the steps to broadcast in Basic mode?
Once you've got a Live365 broadcast account setup, you're ready to setup your Basic Mode broadcast. To do this, you will want to download the Studio365 program. When you have this program installed on your computer, you will want do the following to setup
Studio365 on a Windows system:
1. Double-click on the Studio365 (Windows®) icon. You will be asked if you already have an account on Live365.com. If you do not, you will need to sign up. If you do have an account, click Yes and you will be prompted for your Username and Password.
2. Enter your Username and Password and click Ok. By selecting the "Remember Me" checkbox you will instruct all Studio365-Win, and in fact, all of your Live365 software to automatically log into a specific account. This will include your web and Start365 sessions as well. If you have multiple accounts you might want to keep this unchecked.
3. If this is your first time using the software, you will be taken through a series of questions to assist in your first broadcast setup.
- You currently have no programs in this account. Do you want to create one now? Answer Yes.
- Playlist Name. Please enter a name for your first playlist (list of audio tracks). This name will not be seen by your listeners. You may name it whatever you like (i.e. playlist rock1 or playlist evening).
- Title and Description. Please enter a Title and description for your Broadcast. This will assist listeners in choosing your station (i.e. This is my great station! Check it out if you like classic rock!). This will appear in the Listen Directory and on your Station Page. It's a good opportunity to "sell" your broadcast to prospective listeners and its text is included in the default search. (Up to 128 characters.)
- Keywords. In addition to the Title and Description of your station, the default search also optionally includes a string search of keywords specified by you. In order to enable the 128-character Keywords fields for this broadcast, you need to upgrade your account to "Premium" to include Additional Search Keywords.
- Minimum Connection Speed. This determines the minimum connection speed your listeners must have to listen. T1/DSL/ISDN/Cable is the best audio quality. However, choosing the best audio quality limits your listeners to only those with a high-speed connection. 56k or lower modem users will not be able to listen to your broadcast. You may change this at a later date but you should set it properly before uploading your first MP3 tracks.
- Select Genres. Tell us where to list your broadcast in the directory. Advanced Stations Stats, Search Results and the variety of broadcast contests are based on your Primary Genre (first drop-down menu). You may change this setting at any time to reset your station genres.
- Shuffle. Shuffle play ignores the order of the tracks in your playlist and plays the MP3s randomly. This can be updated at a later date as well. If in doubt, leave unchecked.
- URL. This is your personal website address that will be linked within the Live365 Player Window and Station Page. It will allow listeners to visit your personal website while they are listening to your station. This can be updated anytime later as well. (i.e. http://www.mywebsite.com)
- Almost done... This dialog box provides a link to find detailed information on creating and maintaining your playlists. Click Finish or How do I Create Playlists? button if you would like more help. You can always come back to these help pages as well to find more broadcasting information.
4. The Studio365 (Windows®) Main Window will open.
5. You will first need to add tracks to your Online Track Library. Please see the guide to upload tracks to your Online Track Library. When you have uploaded some tracks, proceed to the next step.
6. You will then need to build a playlist. Please see the guide to creating a new playlist. When you have created a playlist, proceed to the next step.
7. In the Station drop-down menu, select Start broadcast and you'll be on the air!